The ProShield® Clearview face mask is designed for use during procedures where there is a high risk of exposure to body and blood fluids, such as orthopaedic and cardiac surgery.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- ProShield® Clearview face mask has a wrap around visor with peripheral protection
- ProShield® Clearview face mask has Submicron filtration – Fluid resistant (160mmHg)
- ProShield® Clearview face mask has triple pleat design for easy breathing
- The ProShield® Clearview face mask has a comfortable hypoallergenic inner liner
- The ProShield® Clearview face mask gas an anti-glare strip to minimise reflections
- The ProShield® Clearview face mask is suitable for use in all surgical procedures.
BACTERIAL FILTRATION EFFICIENCY (BFE)
- With a Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) of greater than 99% for media greater than 3 microns, the ProShield® Clearview face mask provides superior protection from potential infection.
BFE is an independent test conducted by Nelson Laboratories that measures the effectiveness of face mask materials to filter out bacteria.
PARTICULATE FILTRATION EFFICIENCY (PFE)
- The super high Particulate Filtration Efficiency (PFE) material filters >99% of particles greater than 0.1 microns. When securely fitted, the mask helps to provide an effective barrier to particulate matter from laser plumes and electrocautery procedures.
PFE measures effectiveness of the mask material to filter particulate matter.
BREATHABILITY (DELTA P)
- The ProShield® Clearview face mask design provides excellent breathability and low delta P (≤2.8) ensuring coolness and comfort even when worn for an extended period.
Delta P, also conducted by Nelson Laboratories, is a test that measures the breathability of mask materials, ranking masks on comfort and coolness for the surgical mask wearer. The lower the figure, the cooler and more comfortable the mask.
- The Super Fluid Resistant four layer design of ProShield® Clearview face mask provides optimum fluid resistance thus minimising the risk of infection through strikethrough.
Fluid resistance is measured in accordance with ASTM F1862-98 & ASTM F1862-00a standard test method for resistance of medical face masks to penetration by synthetic blood at 16.0KPa pressure.
Fluid resistant, submicron filtration visor mask, triple pleated with ties
Areas of use
For all surgical procedures, major trauma first aid or in any area where the
healthcare worker is at risk of blood or bodily fluid splash (e.g. orthopaedic,
BFE > 99%
PFE > 99%